Career - Copywriter
Location:Toronto - ON
MTFX is a disruptive force and an industry leader in the world for foreign exchange and global payments. As a leading FinTech Company with a 23-year track record, we are looking for smart, hungry, and high energy sales professionals to join our dynamic and growing company.
This individual is passionate, understands the urgency of a start-up like setting, and take ownership of their tasks while working in a team setting.
Got a flair for copywriting and an understanding of how good copy can impact a business? Perfect, because were looking for a strategically-minded Copywriter with a strong voice, a talent for telling compelling stories and using language creatively, and the ability to do it all with a good sense of humor.
You should be able to transform dry text about financial products into concise, fun copy that’s easy to read and appealing to a wide audience. Being organized and flexible enough to balance a full plate of projects and write across multiple platforms is also key. These include: print ads, digital ads, website copy, app copy, emails and UX copy. Check out the requirements below and if you think you've got the goods, we want to hear from you!
What you'll do:
- Developing and executing a cross-platform Content Strategy aligned with short-term and long-term marketing goals.
- Write clear, consistent, concise copy for broad range of customer touch points (user-interface, email, notifications, blog, digital and print advertising).
- Champion a cohesive brand story and craft copy to help shape our entire product experience.
- Write and edit digital content to meet project goals and user needs.
- Collaborate with design, product, and various business stakeholders on new product features and functionality.
- Review analytics and data on an ongoing basis to understand user behaviour to craft content and messaging strategies.
- Act as a subject matter expert, and present and rationalize your work to stakeholders.
- Maintain and document evolving brand voice and tone standards.
- Turn complex financial matter to user-friendly, engaging, and valuable content.
- Provide insightful perspective on trends, innovations, and competitive landscape to assist in creating compelling marketing campaigns.
- Stand up for the importance of good writing, style and proper grammar.
What you'll need:
- 5+ years of writing experience for a consumer brand or brand-oriented agency, as well as digital media experience.
- Proven ability to comprehend today's content marketing strategies and trends.
- Strong research skills.
- Experience in social media marketing with all available channels.
- Self-motivation, with the ability to lead projects.
- A strong portfolio of previous projects.
- Innate curiosity and creativity, with a desire to learn and challenge yourself.
- Empathy for your audience and anticipation of user needs.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
Please forward your resume and cover letter outlining how your experience relates to our requirements.